Zoey Beebe Signs to North Idaho College

Grace Tigue, Staff Writer

Even through a rocky senior year, Zoey Beebe has been able to make the best of it. She is the senior class Vice President and is involved in several extracurricular activities. Zoey has played on the varsity girls soccer team here at Canyon Ridge since her freshman year. When asked if her last year of high school soccer was memorable, she replied ecstatically “Yes, it was! There were definitely highs and lows, but I will remember all of it.” Beebe and her soccer team worked hard this season to be able to play at the State Tournament in Idaho Falls, which was a high point for her. She also runs track in the spring for Canyon Ridge. Not only that, but she plays on an indoor soccer team during the winter before the spring soccer season starts for a club in town, Twin Falls Rapids. Recently Zoey’s journey with soccer took the next step. She was recruited to play for North Idaho College in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. When Zoey was asked about her recruitment process she said, “It was pretty difficult at first because I had never experienced it. Once I got talking to coaches it went a lot smoother.” This is a big accomplishment for Zoey because she has been playing soccer since she was seven. Many years of training have built up to this moment. Zoey says that the reason she wanted to go on and play is because coaches actually seemed interested in her. This boosted her confidence and gave her hope for the future ahead of her. While at North Idaho College she plans to study Dental Hygiene. After two years there she plans to transfer to a four year university and finish her degree. Zoey feels that even though this year had many uncontrollable changes she had the senior experience she always wanted. “My senior experience was definitely going to state and we made it and I had the best team I could have asked for.”