68° Twin Falls, ID
The Student News Site of Canyon Ridge High School

The Riverhawk Review

Breaking News
  • The Riverhawk Review now has an app! See news story below to download the app!
  • ~
  • The Riverhawk Review has an Instagram page! Click on the link in the top, left corner!
  • ~
  • Feel free to comment, participate in polls, and write letters to the student editors. Your voice matters!
  • ~
  • ~
  • ~
  • ~

The Riverhawk Review

The Riverhawk Review

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Senior quotes removed from CRHS yearbook

Canyon Ridge High School’s yearbook staff has removed senior quotes from the yearbook’s pages and will no longer include senior quotes.

“This choice was made by the previous administration, advisor, and senior editors under the guidance of the publisher [Jostens] during the 22/23 school year; this decision was carried into the 23/24 school year,” stated CRHS yearbook advisor Mrs. Brenda Reichenbach.

Jostens had advised CR’s yearbook team to not publish senior quotes due to seniors sneaking in underlying inappropriate quotes. “Senior quotes are difficult and most publishing companies, Jostens included, recommend not using them. I have personally spent many hours of off-contact time reviewing quotes and making sure that students are not trying to slip in something inappropriate,” Mrs. Reichbach explained.

“Seniors haven’t responded to emails from the yearbook already about voting, ideas, etc. Getting senior quotes would be extremely difficult,” Jace Tyree, a senior editor of the CRHS yearbook explained. Having only 55 minutes a day for five days a week to work on the yearbook, and having to review every senior quote while still having to wait for seniors to send in their quotes has become all too time-consuming.

“We are really understaffed this year, more than other years, and that played a big part in the workload,” Tyree explained. Jace Tyree and McKenna Bruke worked on over half of the yearbook’s pages just themselves.

“The time that would’ve been used on getting senior quotes isn’t going to any special place. Just the overall yearbook itself and the pages in it,” said Krason Homolka, a senior yearbook member.

As advised by Canyon Ridge’s yearbook publisher, the yearbook committee will no longer be publishing senior quotes. Starting with 23/24 senior class students and continuing indefinitely.