74° Twin Falls, ID
The Student News Site of Canyon Ridge High School

The Riverhawk Review

Breaking News
  • The Riverhawk Review now has an app! See news story below to download the app!
  • ~
  • The Riverhawk Review has an Instagram page! Click on the link in the top, left corner!
  • ~
  • Feel free to comment, participate in polls, and write letters to the student editors. Your voice matters!
  • ~
  • ~
  • ~
  • ~

The Riverhawk Review

The Riverhawk Review

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

CRHS to rent parking spots to students in 2024-25 school year

In the coming 2024-2025 school year for Canyon Ridge High School, it’s been instated that students can rent and paint a parking space in the front parking lot by the softball and baseball fields, and the back parking lot by the soccer field. This idea came from the Sophomore Class representatives in the Student Council and Mr. Carter, who presented the idea to CRHS’s interim Principal Mr. Thompson, who then presented it to the Building Leadership Team (BLT) who gave the idea the go-ahead to put it into effect.

The rental costs fifty dollars in all which includes the price of the parking pass for the year. With this rental students can paint the parking spot they have purchased adding a personal touch for the year. The rental lasts all of the 24-25 school year but does not lead into the 25-26 school year.

Mr. Carter and the Sophomore Class representatives handle all of the purchasing for these parking space rentals, making it simpler for the office to keep track of parking passes.

To keep the rules of the parking space rentals enforced, Mr. John Cameron will be supervising the parking lots to make sure students are following the rules. He will be issuing tickets if students are parking in lots that are rented by someone else.

To keep everything less confusing with parking in the parking lots, the parking passes that students receive will have the same number as the parking spot they have rented. Students who park in rented spaces without being the renter will be issued a ticket. If students have not rented space, they may park in the lots as usual as long as they do not park in someone else’s space.